Monday 27 February 2012

Editing

At the beginning of the editing process I thought it was going well. We all sat together and decided what we would do with each shot and how we would cut it and put it into the sequence. By the time we had finished our first basic editing (a rough edit which we know we will need to go back and improve) we felt that our opening was okay so far however we noticed a few problems and realized we haddn't thought of everything when planning. Some of the problems were; a lack of variety of shots and some shots are too long and need shortening. When we showed our sequence to our teacher she pointed out a few things that I haddn't noticed, so although it was critical of our work, I know it would help in the long run. Now we are currently working on the points that our teacher had directed us to focus on.

Overall, although I knew editing would not be an easy task, I haddn't anticipated that so many problems would arise. In my opinion, it's not the physical editing itself that causes problems, it's more the errors that we made when filming that causes editing to be tricky. However I do believe that the majority of problems can be dealt with by focusing on how we edit each shot and put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment