Thursday 8 March 2012

Peer Feedback

On Friday 24th of February our media lesson was dedicated to watching and assessing the other groups film openings. We all had to take notes on what we thought went well and what they could improve on. In my opinion, all the other groups work was done to an excellent standard and I was very impressed by their efforts. The other positive thing about peer assessing was finding out what the others had to say about my groups work. At first I was anxious to receive their feedback as I felt their work was very good that ours perhaps did not look as good compared to theirs. However, it seemed that I over panicked and my group and I received some complimentary comments and constructive criticism. 

What went well:
- Good lighting, makes shots clear.
- Interesting storyline.
- Good use of props, makes things more interesting.
- Nice variety of shots.
- Excellent mise-en-scene.
- Good extreme close ups.
- Good location.
- On the whole smooth editing.
- They liked the 'cheesy 80s' theme.

Criticisms:
- A couple of shots were slightly out focused, but not to the degree that they are unusable.
- Could make the editing more snappy to add more suspense. 
- Some scenes could be shortened.
- Needs music or audio.

Overall, I was pleased with the feedback and very thankful for their kind comments. There were no criticisms made that I thought unfair or that my group hadn't already noticed, therefore there were no shocking surprises. The feedback has helped us continue editing as it helped us decide what to keep, what to cut and what to adapt slightly. Getting an outsider's opinion with fresh eyes helps us consider a couple of things that we may not had noticed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment